SCIATICA - HIP PAIN TREATMENT TALLAHASSEE
Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Sciatica - Hip Pain
Have you ever felt a pain or tingling discomfort shoot down your leg? You may have sciatica. The sciatic nerve comes from nerves called the sacral plexus. The sciatic nerve is a bundle of two nerves, the tibial and common peroneal nerves. The sciatic nerve travels down the buttocks and the back of the thigh. This makes the area for the sciatic nerve prime location for entrapment. Since the sciatic nerve is the largest and thickest nerve of the human body, it’s no wonder how common this issue is.
A very common cause of sciatica is a bulging disc. A bulging disc will cause pressure and then pain on your sciatic nerve. This pain radiates down your lower back even to your leg. If you have ever experienced this pain, then you know there is only so much a pain killer can do. For severe cases, pain killers have been said to not work at all. Fortunately for many chiropractic patients, the chiropractor will find the source of the impingement. He or she will then skillfully adjust the area to restore relaxation.
Sciatica- Hip Pain Symptoms Include:
- constant dull ache
- Piriformis Syndrome
- difficulty bending, walking or standing
- numbness tingling in hips, legs or feet
- pain or discomfort when sitting in chair or a car
- shooting nerve pain into hip or down leg
- muscle spasms
- burning sensations in the hip, leg or feet
Sciatica-Hip Pain Treatments
- Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy offers the AO Treatment, Back Treatment and medical massage therapy for hip pain or sciatica.
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy can release trigger points or muscle adhesions in the hip and back muscles. Massage Therapy also increases blood flow and range of motion in the hip and back. Massage Therapy is also an effective treatment for Piriformis Syndrome is a trigger point or muscle adhesion in the piriformis muscle in the hip which impinges the sciatic nerve.