Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Peripheral Neuropathy
Do you notice a numbness and tingling in your feet or hands, or that restless leg that keeps you from getting a good night's sleep? It could be the early onset of a peripheral neuropathy, a progressively debilitating nerve condition that can lead to numb feet, leg pain, discomfort, and if left untreated, possible amputation ( loss of a limb). The nerve damage affiliated with a neuropathy can be permanent with drastic affects on your day to day quality of living.
Some Causes of Peripheral Neuropathy
There are many causes of neuropathy such as an car accident, repetitive motion injury, vitamin deficiencies (especially B vitamins), smoking, alcoholism, autoimmune disorders, chemotherapy, diabetes (most common), exposure to toxins, and some medications. However, the majority of neuropathy causes are in people with Type 2 diabetes, which is known as diabetic neuropathy.
Some Neuropathy Symptoms
- Feet Numbness
- Hand Numbness
- Tingling in Feet
- Tingling in Hands
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Burning Pain in Feet
- Burning Pain in Calves or Legs
- Sleep Disturbances Due to Pain
- Extreme Sensitivity to Touch
- Loss of Balance
- Arm or Leg Weakness
- Sensation of walking on pins and needles
- Coldness in Feet or Hands
Early diagnosis and treatment of neuropathy is essential to prevent a progressive debilitating nerve damage, which can be permanent. Learn more about our drug-free neuropathy treatment by calling 850 508 5951. See our unique neuropathy protocol.
Drug-free Neuropathy Treatment in Tallahassee
- Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy offers gentle, drug-free treatments for neuropathy with the Vibration Treatment, St. John Neuromuscular Therapy, Decompression, and our special Neuropathy Soak with artisan copper bowls.