Neck Pain Causes, Symptoms And Treatments in Tallahassee
Does your neck ache or hurt after a long day at work? If you haven't hurt yourself, your probably wondering what causes it to hurt. Their can be many root causes of neck pain like past car accidents, old sports injury, direct hit on the head, poor ergonomic work station, or even an old pillow can contribute. When working at a computer or texting over a device, most people have a tendency to bend forward (tucking the chin). This forward head position puts significantly more stress on the joints of the cervical spine as well as all the surrounding muscles. It's called a micro trauma when people maintain poor ergonomic positions for hours and hours, everyday. The small daily stress, adds up over weeks and months and even years to create significant injury to the alignment of the spine and muscles.
Neck Pain Causes:
- Past Auto Accident
- Video gaming
- History Of Back Pain
- Poor sleeping position
- Excessive computer use
- Backpacks (slung over one shoulder)
Neck Pain Symptoms
- difficulty turning the head especially when driving a car
- shooting arm pain or numbness
- loss of cervical range of motion
- soreness, tightness or stiffness in the neck
- tension headaches stemming from neck tension
Neck Pain Treatments
- The AO Chiropractic Adjustment is a gentle vibration to align the Atlas vertebrae (the top vertebrae in the spine).
- Deep Tissue Massage to loosen up the trigger points in the neck and shoulder muscles.
- Cervical Decompression to ease nerve pressure in the joints of the cervical spine as well reduce cervical disc bulges.