MIGRAINE TREATMENT IN TALLAHASSEE, FL
Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Migraines
If you and someone you know has every had a migraine, you know how debilitating they can be. So, naturally, you want to get rid of the migraine as quick as possible so you can get back to your life. An estimated 5 to 10 percent of American adults suffer with migraines on a regular basis. They can make it difficult to sleep at night or function during the day.
Migraine Headaches can be caused by many things, including but not limited to: car accidents/whiplash/head or neck trauma, poor sleep quality/insomnia, hormonal fluctuations, allergies, or high stress levels. An estimated 75% of headaches may originate in the neck. When left untreated, the mildest of headaches can advance into more severe migraines or headaches.
- Prodrome- experience subtle changes; neck stiffness, uncontrollable yawning, depression, irritability.
- Aura (warning symptom)-flashes of light, vision loss, pins and needles sensation in arms or legs
- Attack- pain on one or both sides of head, pulsating or throbbing head pain, light headedness, blurred vision, sensitivity to lights, sounds or smells, difficulty sleeping, and even nausea or vomiting.
- Postdrome- feeling drained of energy reserves thus wiped out.
- Headache with nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light
- Throbbing pain on one side of the head
- The AO Treatment plus medical massage therapy are natural, gentle treatments for the relief of migraines and headaches. Headaches? Massage Therapy along with manual cervical traction can relieve migraine headaches by releasing trigger points in the shoulders and neck. Thus, Massage Therapy can improve blood flow and range of motion in shoulders and neck.
- Pressure points in the temples of the head can also help relieve headaches along with peppermint essential oil.