MIGRAINE TREATMENT IN TALLAHASSEE, FL
Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Migraines
Do you suffer from frequent migraines? Are you looking for help with migraines? If so, your not the only one. An estimated 11 percent of American people live with migraines at some point in their life. They can make it difficult to sleep at night or think clearly during the day. Many people become hyper-sensitive to many different stimuli from lights, sounds or even motion.
5 Star Facebook Review
I've now visited Dr. Pragle and Bryce, the massage therapist three times. My back and neck (atlas) are aligned - from gentle manipulation - and I have not had pain for the past three weeks. The medical massage continues with the healing process and has allowed me to be in a state of relaxation that I did not know existed. I've had severe neck/back pain for the past 6 years with migraines since my cervical disk fusion- I have had trigger point injections, Botox, facet shot, lyrics etc. I never had relief until now. I found Dr Pragle's practice online and discussed with my family Dr. She knew the pain I was in and encouraged me to try it - especially since nothing else has sustained relief. I am glad she did because now I have a better quality of life. - Penny
Common Causes of Migraines
Migraine Headaches can be caused by many things, including but not limited to: car accidents/whiplash/head or neck trauma, poor sleep quality/insomnia, hormonal fluctuations, allergies, or high stress levels. An estimated 75% of headaches may originate in the neck. When left untreated, the mildest of headaches can advance into more severe migraines or headaches.
What Triggers Migraines?
- Foods such as chocolate, wine etc.
- Neck Pain
- Bright Lights
- Change in Weather
- Prodrome- experience subtle changes; neck stiffness, uncontrollable yawning, depression, irritability.
- Aura (warning symptom)-flashes of light, vision loss, pins and needles sensation in arms or legs
- Attack- pain on one or both sides of head, pulsating or throbbing head pain, light headedness, blurred vision, sensitivity to lights, sounds or smells, difficulty sleeping, and even nausea or vomiting.
- Postdrome- feeling drained of energy reserves thus wiped out.
- Headache with nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light
- Throbbing pain on one side of the head
- What helps migraines? The AO Treatment plus medical massage therapy are natural, gentle treatments for the relief of migraines and headaches.
- Headaches? Massage Therapy can relieve migraine headaches by releasing trigger points in the shoulders and neck. Thus, Massage Therapy can improve blood flow and range of motion in shoulders and neck. Pressure points in the temples of the head can also help relieve headaches along with peppermint essential oil.