You may ask, who is the best chiropractor near me? Good question, here are the top 2 benefits of chiropractic adjustments and how to find a good chiropractor.
Why Get Chiropractic Adjustments?
A doctor of chiropractic (DC) is trained to be a primary health care provider with special emphasis on the musculoskeletal structures of the body, specifically the spinal column and the nervous system (nerves come thru the spine), in it's restoration of health by removing "nerve pressure" allowing the body to heal itself, naturally, a drug-less and non-surgical approach to healthcare. Specifically, patient care is gentle re-alignment of the spine (spinal manipulation), hygenic, nutritional recommendations and rehabilitative exercises focused around supporting the vertebral adjustments and manipulation of vertebral articulations and surrounding muscles and ligaments.
Many things can cause a misaligned spine or vertebral subluxation. Some common reasons:
- Poor posture (micro-trauma)sitting, sleeping or exercising can lead to spine misaligning
- Past or recent car accident or slip and fall (macro-trauma) can move vertebra "out of place"
- Inflammation from stress, dehydration, or poor diet
- Genetic influences like scoliosis, osteoporosis or degenerative changes of the intervertebral discs or the spine.
- Joint swelling caused by an injury to the intervertebral joint
- Muscle trigger points and tight back muscles can pull a vertebrae or hips out of place
2 Researched Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
1. Auto Accident Injuries
The Journal of Whiplash & Related Disorders reported significant benefit for 54 patients who received the Atlas Orthogonal (AO) Treatment. After the AO Treatment, 84% of patients reported resolution or near resolution of their neck pain and other auto accident injuries.(1)
2. Lower Back Pain And Neck Pain
One research study involving 49 chiropractic patients revealed that 96 percent of the respondents indicated thru a questionnaire that they were either satisfied or very satisfied with the chiropractic care they received with 98 percent saying they were "very likely" or definitely would choose chiropractic care for their acute neck pain again. (2)
The British Medical Journal studied 183 patients with neck pain who were randomly selected to receive physiotherapy (therapeutic exercises), manual therapy (spinal mobilization), or general practitioner medical treatments (counseling, education and medication/drug therapy) over a 52 week period. The clinical results measured revealed that chiropractic adjustments resulted in faster recovery than physiotherapy or general practitioner care. (3)
Many chiropractors focus on treatment of musculoskeletal disorders while others treat neurogenic disorders and the neurophysiological parts of many conditions thru body structure and posture. Some chiropractors concentrate on finding and correcting vertebral subluxations, only. Many practitioners provide emergency crisis care only, while others specialize in treating and rehabilitating chronic and degenerative conditions. Sports chiropractic is increasing with many professional and amateur teams having team physicians on their medical staff. Some Chiropractors in Florida treat a lot of personal injury cases and by virtue of their extensive education, are qualified to evaluate permanent disability and impairment. They often provide impairment ratings for patients who have been in a car accident and are documenting their auto accident injuries for a law suit.
How To Find A Good Chiropractor Near Me?
- The best way to find a licensed chiropractic doctor in Tallahassee is to either ask a trusted friend or to search on google for the best rated chiropractors. Find the top 2 or 3 chiropractors with the most 5 Star reviews. Then carefully read the chiropractors reviews.
- You may also check American Chiropractic Association website for a Chiropractic Physician.
- Another option is to search google for best rated chiropractor at ThreeBestRated
- You could also ask your medical primary care doctor for a recommendation
For more information about Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy, please visit www.praglechiro.com or contact us.
posted by Dr. Eric Pragle