Looking for a fibromyalgia diet and natural drug-free treatments? The Fibromyalgia diet is a whole foods diet with an emphasis on eating raw or genlty steamed vegetables, fruits, lean grass-fed meats, sprouted grains, and unsalted nuts and dried fruits. Here are the top 5 foods:
- Antioxidants C, A, E - found in raw fruits, vegetables and herbs which are great for reducing inflammation in sore or aching muscles
- Organic Lean Meat - chalk full of fat soluble vitamins, great protein source that helps build lean muscle
- Green Vegetables - such as kale, spinach, broccoli and other green contain magnesium can help ease pains and promote a lean body weight. Frozen kale or spinach can be added to a morning smoothie, which is both tasty and easy way to get greens.
- Cultured Dairy - Fermented Foods - probiotic yogurts such as kefir as well as miso soup can promote good gut flora helping to prevent candidiasis.
- Omega-3 Fats - fish like tuna, salmon and sardines are high in omega-3 fats as well as fish oil supplements can naturally reduce inflammation in the body; thus easing aches and pains. (1)
Consider Avoiding These Foods
- Foods Containing high levels of gluten - these foods can cause excess inflammation for some people which can worsen fibromyalgia symptoms. Common allergic foods include: peanuts, shellfish, dairy and of course gluten.
- Sugar or synthetic sugar replacements like corn syrup can increase inflammation and hinder your bodies ability to heal.
- Too much alcohol and caffeine - can contribute to dehydration, mineral deficiencies, and sleep problems
- Food additives or processed foods - have genetically modified ingredients and other chemicals which can make things worse. (2)
At Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy , we offer the gentle AO Treatment and medical massage therapy to help stimulate your body's natural healing abilities. For more information, please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951.