Natural TMJ Treatments for relief of TMJ symptoms. The exact cause of TMJ is not clear, however it commonly develops after a head, jaw, or neck injury, such as an auto accident, whiplash injury or direct blow to the head.
Chronic TMJ can be triggered by a number of things, including:
- History of car accident or head trauma
- Stomach sleeping
- Muscles tension
- Neck pain
- Headaches or Migraines
- Hard To Chew Foods
Best Foods For TMJ
Relieving TMJ, may take an improved anti-inflammatory diet including:
- Magnesium rich foods as magnesium is know as a muscle tension relaxing mineral.
- Steamed vegetables are easy to chew and provide all the good enzymes and nutrients for healing naturally.
- Small meals throughout the day helps maintain good blood sugar levels. Blood sugar fluctuations can increase teeth grinding especially at night.
- Easy to chew foods such as stews, smoothies, soups, or steamed vegetables.
- Protein shakes in the morning can reduce the amount of meat needed which can ease jaw muscles.
- Find TMJ relief at Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy with the AO Treatment, Back Treatment and Massage Therapy.
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy can be helpful in easing the muscle tension around the TMJ Joint allowing the joint to relax and move more fluidly. The muscles of the TMJ joint are extremely tense and often ridden with trigger points and muscle knots.
For more information please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951