posted by Dr Eric Pragle
Pain Management Doctors or clinic not helping your back pain? Need a back pain specialist?Tired of drugs or surgeries? Try complementary medicine's like chiropractic care and massage therapy to relieve nerve pressure, reduce muscle spasms and promote natural healing without drugs or surgeries. Here are 3 Self-Help Ways to Chronic pain:
- Find support.. Unlike a broken leg, chronic pain is usually unseen. It is a profoundly personal—and often lonely—experience. For many, it is difficult to find support and understanding from family and friends who may be well intentioned but don't really get what you're dealing with. If this is the case for you, we encourage you to find your own group of people who can be supportive and understanding. There may be a chronic pain support group at your local hospital or church. Or you may prefer to interact online. You may get started with a local or online forum seeking help, and then go on to find that you have a lot to contribute, and helping others is also a way to help you.
- Enjoy essential oils/aromatherapy. Essential oils have long been valued for their analgesic effects in many cultures including china and india. There are many ways to benefit from essential oils—some people inhale them (aromatherapy), others include several drops in their massage oil and enjoy as part of a therapeutic massage. Several oils in particular are thought to have an analgesic effect, including peppermint oil, rosemary, sweet orange and lavender.
- Soak in warm water. Soaking your body in warm water can alleviate many forms of muscle pain and spasm, as well as many types of arthritis. There are many options for a warm soak, including a deep bathtub, whirlpool tub, or pool for water therapy.
- Some people find that adding an essential oil or Epsom salts improve the muscle-relaxation benefits due to the magnesium.
- Soaking in a warm tub is the best way to warm up the muscles before stretching—making stretching and exercise more tolerable and beneficial.
For more information, please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951 to learn more.