Did you know the sciatica nerve is about the size of your thumb? It's also the most commonly irritated nerve in the body and it runs all the way down to the feet. Chiropractors work to alleviate sciatic nerve pain through treatments that help the body’s potential to heal itself. The chiropractic philosophy is that if the spine is properly aligned with the pressure off the nerves that it can heal itself, without the use of drugs or surgeries. When treating sciatica, it is best to find an experienced top rated chiropractor. Dr. Pragle, a chiropractor physician in Tallahassee, FL, is also a highly skilled massage therapist with more than 12 years of experience. Pragle Chiropractic and Massage Therapy offers many gentle and effective treatments for hip pain or sciatica, including:
- Back Treatment - The back treatment, a chiropractic adjustment, is a gentle realignment of the pelvic bones (hips) and sacrum (tail bone) which promotes the natural healing of the nerves, ligaments, tendons, and muscles in the hips and back
- Hip Vibration - a deep vibration designed to release tension in the iliopsoas muscle. The iliopsoas muscle connects the thigh and hip to the lumbar spine.
- Deep tissue massage - The deep tissue massage therapy provides lower back pain relief through reducing muscle tensions and stress
- Spinal Decompression - gently relieves pressure on the lumbar discs as well as the sciatic nerve, which exits the spine between L4-L5.
- AO Treatment - The AO treatment, a chiropractic adjustment, uses gentle vibrations to align the neck, back, and hips
Because sciatic nerve pain can be caused by both repetitive motion in a specific area or holding a particular position for a long period of time, it has the ability to affect different people in different ways. Whether you are stuck sitting or driving in the same position for hours, or a student-athlete who consistently works the same muscles day everyday, sciatica affects many people. If you are a FSU student, you have an alternative to go to the top-rated chiropractor in Tallahassee instead of waiting at the chiropractic and massage therapy at University Health Services (FSU Health and Wellness Center). (1)
For more information, please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951