posted by Dr Eric Pragle, DC LMT
Scoliosis is a curvature of spine which causes muscles to be compressed, and knotted up. Scoliosis is not uncommon with 1-2 percent of the population. Most common age group is young girls ages 9-13 experience a higher percentage of scoliosis. Treatments for scoliosis a limited to hard core bracing, soft core bracing, stretches, exercises, and massage therapy. Medical Massage therapy is a specific technique and purpose for the massage.
Purpose of Medical Massage:
- Increase blood flow to stimulate healing
- Improve range of motion for the involved joint
- Create body balance for improved posture
- Release trigger points or muscle knots
- Flush toxins from muscle knots
- Circulate lymph to trigger the body's healing
- Stretch muscles to improve flexibility
- Teach client optimal stretching
- Relaxation for better sleep
Pragle Chiropractic's Bryce Estrella-Gibbs, LMT, LE is our head massage therapist. He delivers a deeply relaxing massage while targeting and releasing specific trigger points which cause pain or reduce range of motion. Bryce utilizes slow, firm pressure with warm healing hands to unwind tense, knotted muscles. Please contact Pragle Chiropractic at www.praglechiro.com or via phone at 850 508 5951 to learn more about our services or book an appointment.