posted by Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
All types of athletes can benefit from sports massage therapy. With all the hard work that an athlete puts into their sport, keeping their body flexible, well recovered and injury free is vital to excelling. Sports Massage is a specific type of massage therapy which is focused on the individual athlete's performance for their sport. For example, if an athlete has a rotator cuff or shoulder injury than we target trigger points or muscle adhesions that are either causing pain or reducing range of motion and flexibility. Releasing adhesions or trigger points in the rotator cuff muscles is important for restore normal motion to the shoulder joint as well as stimulating the body to heal the inflamed area.
The benefits of sports massage:
- Release trigger points or adhesions
- Increase blood flow to stimulate healing
- Improve range of motion for the involved joint
- Create body balance for improve posture
- Stretch muscles to improve flexibility
- Teach athlete self-massage techniques
- Teach optimal stretching technique
- Relaxation for better rest, better recovery
Pragle Chiropractic utilizes sports massage as a gentle treatment for rotator cuff/ shoulder injures. The AO Treatment is a successful, gentle alternative for the relief of shoulder pain, neck pain, or back pain. Natural healing starts at Pragle Chiropractic. Find gentle, effective, relief for your shoulder today, without drugs, nerve ablations, or surgeries. Please visit www.praglechiro.com to learn more or book your appointment.