Posted by Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
Does it feel like your neck or back has a pinched nerve? Do you get a sharp pain when you turn a certain way? Your not alone, many other people are in the same situation with an estimated 45% of americans suffering from some sort of on going neck or back pain. Many people also feel tense and aching shoulders as well. Most of us think the neck or back aches and pains will eventually go away especially with the right pillow, exercise or stretch. However, if the neck or back pains have been persistent longer than a week, its probably time to get a deep tissue massage.
Some Causes of Pinched Nerves
Neck pain, shoulder pain or back pain can be attributed to a number of things, including: poor ergonomics at home or work, sleeping position (Stomach), whiplash caused by a car crash, sports injury, a slip and fall or even a blow to the head. If left untreated, pinched nerves in the neck or back often worsen causing severe pains, making it hard to sleep or perform daily activities.
Pinched Nerve Symptoms
- Numbness/Tingling in arms and hands
- Tense neck and shoulders
- Poor posture
- shooting pains down the leg or in the hip
- loss of grip strength
- Head Tilt
- Heaviness of arm
- Difficulty Turning Head
How Massage helps a Pinched Nerve:
- Increase blood flow to stimulate healing
- Improve range of motion for the involved joint
- Create body balance for improved posture
- Release trigger points around the nerve impingement
- Flush toxins from trigger points
- Circulate lymph to improve healing
- Stretch muscles to improve flexibility
- Teach client optimal stretching
- Relaxation for better sleep
Pragle Chiropractic's Bryce Estrella-Gibbs, LMT, LE is our head massage therapist. He delivers a deeply relaxing massage while targeting and releasing specific trigger points which cause pain or reduce range of motion. Bryce utilizes slow, firm pressure with warm healing hands to unwind tense, knotted muscles. Please contact Pragle Chiropractic at www.praglechiro.com or via phone at 850 508 5951 to learn more about our services or book an appointment.