Posted by Samantha Sarason, Intern
Do you have problems falling asleep at night? Or do you have problems sleeping through the night no matter how tired you are? Sleep problems are a common problem that can affect your energy, mood, and even your health. An estimated 50-70 million adults in America suffer from sleep problems. Simple changes in your lifestyle and treatments from Pragle Chiropractic can put a stop to your sleep problems- without the need for medication.
Common Causes of Sleep Problems
Sleep problems can occur for many different reasons. Some people experience this condition over time without a clear triggering event. Sleep problems often begin after head or neck traumas such as car crashes, concussions, slip and fall, sports-related whiplash, surgery or a significant psychological stress.
Sleep Problems/Disorders Symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up in the night and having trouble falling back asleep
- Waking up too early
- Relying on sleeping pills
- Difficulty concentrating
- Brain fog
- Migraines - Headaches
- Neck and back pain
Treatment for Sleep Problems
There are simple solutions to sleep problems that don't involve medication.
- It's important to stick to a regular sleep schedule, going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
- Regular exercise can contribute to better sleeping but may take several months to feel the full effects.
- Use the bedroom only for sleeping and don't take naps throughout the day
- Make sure to avoid stressful situations before bedtime
- Having a quiet and dark room will help you you fall asleep easier
Here at Pragle Chiropractic, we offer a gentle treatment for sleep problems and disorders with the AO Treatment, Back Treatment and Customized Massage Therapy. These treatments are gentle and successful for people with sleep problems. Dr. Pragle has worked with many patients with sleep problems and has seen success and improvement. Please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850-508-5951 to learn more or book your appointment. Pragle Chiropractic is located at 1820 Riggins Rd. #1 Tallahassee, FL 32308.