Posted Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
If your like most Americans, you find that machines do everything for us including washing, drying, transporting, cooking, entertaining us etc. Needless to say it is difficult to get much exercise or movement in modern societies. Many people drive their cars to gyms or other exercise facilities to get all kinds of exercise.
Walking is what we are made to do and with proper spine alignment, shoes and safe walking area can be done often with very little stress or strain on the body.
Simple ways to move more
1. Park further away in a parking lot (but be careful not to get hit by a car)
2. At work choose to walk up stairs instead of using an elevator.
3. If your neighborhood is safe or has a sidewalk, walking right from your house is easy simple and very empowering especially if you can walk to a destination i.e. park, store, etc. even to walk to a convenience store to get a movie at red box.
4. If possible, park 1/2 mile away from destination and walk the remainder, if you have a sidewalk and safe parking. Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes that support your feet. Also good idea to bring a cell phone etc. umbrella.
5. Meet a friend at a set time every week at the same place to set up a routine that is both fun and good for you. Many people will meet other people for walks at parks or tracks. Tallahassee has some of the best parks in the nation, with miles and miles of easily walkable paths that either pathed or natural (chipped path, dirt path , and a lot of grass). Be sure to watch carefully where you step, looking for both wildlife as well as roots, rocks or holes.
The Benefits of walking are endless but the most important one is it circulates blood to heal your body, promoting well being and even can improve sleep. Walking is great way to relief neck pain, and back pain.
At Pragle Chiropractic- 1820 Riggins Rd #1, Tallahassee, FL 32308 , you can book an appointment at www.praglechiro.com to make sure your spine is properly aligned and muscles are ready for exercise. Pragle Chiropractic is Gentle and Affordable. Call 850 508 5951 to set up an appointment.