posted by Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
Neck pain can be caused by a number of things, including: whiplash from a car accident or sports injury, slip and fall or even a direct hit to the head, poor ergonomics at home or work, and sleeping position or bed (Stomach sleeping). If left untreated, minor neck injuries often worsen causing severe neck pain, making it hard to sleep or perform daily activities.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Difficulty turning head
- Numbness/Tingling in arms and hands
- Tense neck and shoulders
- Muscle knot or trigger point in the shoulders
- Stiffness or soreness in neck and shoulders
- Head Tilt or Rotated
- Poor posture
- Sharp shooting pain
5 Star Google Review
"I highly recommend Dr. Pragle & Bryce, the Massage Therapist. Over the past 6 years, I developed severe neck pain and migraines. I've tried everything from lyrica, botox, facet injections, etc. The treatments have helped but have not relieved the pain. Needless to say I was skeptical and did not have any expecatations when I visited Dr. Pragle, but I thougth why not, I've tried everything else. During my first visit I received the AO tx and he adjusted my lower spine. Due to the misalignment of my neck and massive muscle spasms he did not recommend a medical massage because my body needed to heal form the treatment. Between the first and my second visit, my neck pain was reduced by 95% and I did not have any migraines (I tyipcally have 4 a week). During my second visit, my atlas remained in-line and he treated my lower spine. I added a 60 minute medical massage to help work out years of knots in my muscles from the neck pain. This is now my second day after my second tx and I do not have pain! Bryce is great, and the massage was truly awesome. He was able to work out so many knots that i would actually feel relieved when they decided to give up :) It was such a new feeling that I cannot stop talking about it :) I continue to wake up each day amazed that I am not in pain - it's hard to believe, as I keep waiting for the pain to come back - so far so good :) I am a true believer in the AO tx, Dr. Pragle's style of alighment, and medical massage. I truly wish I would have known about this 6 years ago. If you are on the fence, make an appointment and talk with Dr. Pragle - he is a true practioner and will advise you for what is best for you :)"
Drug-free Treatments for Neck Pain In Tallahassee
- Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy offers gentle treatments for neck injuries or neck pain with the AO Treatment plus medical massage therapy. The AO Treatment is a gentle vibration that aligns the atlas vertebrae, which removes pressure on the nerves so the body can heal itself, naturally.
- Medical Massage Therapy is effective for releasing trigger points or adhesions in the neck and shoulders while promoting healing and relaxation. Massage Therapy is a great way to improve the range of motion for the neck.
For more information on the AO Treatment or medical massage please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951.