Posted By Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
Shoulder pain is quite common with many causes from overuse injuries, direct trauma, improper bed, and even working on a computer for 8 hours a day with one arm forward working the mouse can cause the chest to be tight and aggravate the shoulder. The most common form of shoulder pain comes from a muscle imbalance. Many people have tight chest muscles and weak upper back muscles which causes rounded shoulders and extra stress and strain on the shoulder muscles as well as the joint itself. Massage therapy can be a beneficial treatment for shoulder pain as it reduces muscle restrictions in the chest, shoulder and upper back.
Benefits of Medical Massage:
- Increase blood flow to stimulate healing
- Improve range of motion for the shoulder joint
- Create body balance for improved posture
- Release trigger points or adhesions
- Flush toxins from muscle knots
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Pain Relief
- Circulate lymph to trigger the body's healing
- Stretch muscles to improve flexibility
- Teach client optimal stretching techniques
- Relaxation for better sleep
At Pragle Chiropractic and Massage Therapy we implement medical massage therapy to help people with shoulder pain. Our goal is to help our clients get out of pain as quick as possible and prevent flare ups in the future. Please visit www.praglechiro.com or call 850 508 5951 to book an appointment or learn more.