Posted By Dr Eric Pragle, DC LMT
Causes and Symptoms of Sleep Problems
Trouble sleeping? Are you feeling tired most of the time? Do you drink lots of caffeine to stay awake? If so, you are not alone. An estimated 50-70 million adults in America suffer from a sleep problem. When you suffer from a sleep problem, it can be hard to move or focus on simple daily tasks. Many people with sleep problems also suffer with migraines, tension headaches, Temporomandibular joint (TMJ), neck pain, back pain, obesity and chronic fatigue.
Common Causes of Sleep Problems
Sleep Problems often begin after one or more head and neck traumas such as car accidents, concussions, slip and fall, sports-related whiplash, surgery or a significant psychological stress. People suffering from migraines, tension headaches, TMJ, neck pain, back pain or other musculo-skeletal neurological issues often report difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. However, for some people, sleep problems can accumulate over time without a clear triggering event.
What to do for Sleep Problems? AO Treatment - Pragle Chiropractic
Sleep Problem Symptoms Include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Trouble reaching deep REM sleep
- Frequent awakening throughout night
- Difficulty waking in morning
- Brain fog
- Muscle pain
- TMJ Disorder- Jaw clicking or popping
- Migraines- Headaches
- Brain fatigue
- Neck pain
- Back pain
At Pragle Chiropractic we gently realign the spine and then release knots in the muscles to help people with aches, pains as well as sleeping problems.
- Generally, Sleeping on the back with a pillow underneath the knees is considered the ideal sleeping position.
- Side sleeping is also pretty good but be sure, your pillow keeps the head and spine in alignment so the your head is not tilted either too much down or too much up.
- Avoid sleeping on the stomach- If transitioning to side, do it gradually with the proper pillows.
- Make sure your bed is still supportive and not worn out.
- Go to bed by 10 pm at night, this gives you optimal rest to heal your body naturally.
- Avoid wireless technologies/caffeine after 8 pm, as these often act as stimulants to make sleeping more difficult.
Instead of just managing your sleep problem with medications or caffeine, relieve it! At Pragle Chiropractic, we focus on gentle treatments for sleep problems with the AO Treatment, Back Treatment and Customized Massage Therapy. The AO Treatment, Back Treatment, and Massage Therapy combination, can offer a solution for sleep problems that are a gentle, successful alternative for people who have tried everything. Please visit www.praglechiro.com to book your appointment. Pragle Chiropractic is located at 1820 Riggins Rd. #1, Tallahassee, FL 32308.