Posted by Dr. Eric Pragle, DC, LMT
Has your back every hurt orbeen sore? If so your not alone, approximately 80% of americans have had back pain at some point in their life with many people suffering on a regular basis.
There are many different forms of back pain from a persistent dull ache to a sudden sharp pain or even shooting pains. There are many causes of back pain from sprain/strains, to fractures, or other accidents especially sports related back pain. Many people develop back pain from being overweight, sedentary or from wearing improper footwear or sleeping in an old worn out bed.
Simple considerations for Prevent Back Pain
- Get more exercise with walking being the easiest to do. Physical activity is important for circulating the blood and helping to strengthen the back muscles. Walking 30-40 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week is ideal.
- Stay Lean. Extra weight on the midsection can put more stress and strain on the spine and surrounding muscles. Staying closer to your ideal weight is much better for your health in a respects.
- If you smoke, try stopping- very important to all aspects of your health.
- Sleeping well. Sleeping on your back or side with proper pillows and bed is crucial for a healthy and happy back, otherwise everytime you sleep the spine, nerves and surrounding muscles get aggravated, making it very difficult to heal.j
- Stretching, gently is very important to keeping thehip and back healthy and happy. Due to the extended time most of us spend sitting, our muscles get very tight which can affect the alignment of the spine and the nerves which come thru the spine.
These are some basic considerations to prevent back pain. Please visit Pragle Chiropractic, www.praglechiro.com or call (850) 508 5951 to book an appointment to have your spine alignment check. We are located at 1820 Riggins Rd. Tallahassee, Fl32308.