Dr Eric Pragle, Pragle Chiropractic, Chiropractor Marianna Fl. Ph (850) 508-5951 or book online. Chiropractor and Massage Therapy. Professional Chiropractor Marianna Fl
Car accident? Chiropractor near Marianna discusses 3 benefits of a chiropractic adjustment. Do you have a sore neck or low back after a car wreck? With an estimated 375,000 car crashes in florida in 2015, many people live with residual neck or lower back injuries. Most of us think our backaches will go away on their own. However, If you have auto insurance (PIP) in Florida, you have to be examined by a chiropractor or medical doctor within two weeks of your accident in order to access your personal injury protection insurance and receive treatment for your injuries. (1)
- Chiropractors dedicate their lives to the believe that our bodies have a natural ability to heal themselves given proper spine align. This gentle, drug-less, non-surgical approach to healthcare is built on the fact that the body has an amazing, innate ability to heal itself; the chiropractic adjustment creates the right environment to facilitate this inner healing.
- Since the nervous system (nerves going thru the spine) control every cell, tissue, muscle and organ in your body, chiropractors specialize on the health of the spine being properly aligned from the atlas to the sacrum. If the spine shifts out of proper place (like an auto accident), the adjustments are used to bring the spine back in to alignment to remove nerve pressure allowing your body to begin the healing process.
- Another name for spinal mis-alignment is "vertebral subluxation", which a chiropractor refer to as a mechanical compression and irritation of spinal nerves and joints. (2)
3 Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
Dr. Eric performs a comprehensive exam with neurological tests, deep tendon reflexes, muscles tests, cerebellar exam (concussion or traumatic brain injury signs) and orthopedic tests focused on nerve injury and muscle weakness. Depending on your symptoms as well as the exam findings, Dr. Eric will recommend individualized imaging and treatment plan. Chiropractic treatments are designed to correct and heal:
- spinal alignment- the normal lordotic cervical spine curve often becomes straight (called a military neck) which feels like the head is very heavy with the neck and shoulder muscles straining are strained.
- cervical disc bulge/herniation- can cause pinched nerves resulting in arm or hand numbness/tingling
- lumbar disc bulge/herniation - can pinch sciatic nerve which can refer pain down to the feet (3)
Lower Back Pain Treatments
- Chiropractic adjustments have been proven to provide lower back pain relief along with other therapies including physical therapy, massage therapy and specific therapeutic exercises and stretches. According to the Journal of North American Spine Society, spinal manipulation (i.e. chiropractic adjustment) are safe, effective treatments for long term and acute back pain in adults. (4) Pragle Chiropractic And Massage Therapy offers gentle treatments for lower back pain management with the AO Treatment, Back Treatment and Massage Therapy.
- Massage Therapy is also an effective treatment for back aches and pains. Deep tissue massage can reduce muscle spasms in the back, release muscle trigger points or adhesion, improve blood flow to the back muscles, increase range of motion in the back and promote healing and relaxation.
- Therapeutic Exercises done regularly, especially aerobic and strength training, can be effective for easing back aches by increasing joint flexibility and blood flow to the muscles. The right exercises done with proper form can also help you maintain a good health weight, improve posture and reduce inflammation throughout the body. Exercises targeting core and back strength is the key.
Lower back pain relief exercises include:
- avoid sitting to long at work or in your car; try to stand up and move around every 45 minutes
- drink plenty of water and get extra rest in between exercise sessions
- wear supportive and cushioned shoes, especially if you have flat feet
- learning and practicing proper technique for each exercise is real important
Yoga, done with proper form, especially sun salutation can be effective for easing back and hip pains. Important to learn proper yoga poses from a professional. (5)